Hello Friends & Neighbors,
In compliance with Governor Pritzker’s mandate, Will’s Northwoods Inn will be closed to patrons indefinitely. We find it heart-breaking to imagine this time, but we also realize our social responsibility and understand that this has become a necessary course of action for the current landscape.
The days ahead look like very difficult times indeed for businesses like ours. Frankly, we are most concerned for the wonderful people who are members of the Will’s Northwoods Inn staff and their families, most of whom rely on Will’s as their only source of income. We humbly ask that you please consider continued support of our people during this uncertainty.
With that sentiment in mind, we have set up several ways to help the Will’s family, if you are so inclined.
- We have Will’s Gift Cards and Merchandise available for purchase currently in person or via the phone between 11a-7p each day. We are looking into setting up an online shop/capabilities.
- We also have a “GoFundMe” virtual tavern campaign that was set up by a good friend/customer of ours. The idea here is to weather the storm and keep taking care of the people who have always taken care of so many others.
- We will be attempting to continue take out service for food with a delivery option to our neighbors. We will be piloting this program to gauge the demand. We ask that you please call the bar directly at (773) 528-4400 to place your orders to ensure that we can pay our people directly for this helpful service (we would love to help everyone but are particularly focused on our own people right now).
- Additionally, we have received permission from the city and state to sell our stock of unopened beer and liquor. We are working through the details now but will be posting a full inventory along with pricing for our available stock. The purchases can be made in person at the bar during the hours of 11a-7p starting Wednesday, March 18.
- Per mandate, Will’s Northwoods Inn bar service is closed indefinitely as of 9:00pm on March 16, 2020.
- Will’s gift cards are available to help get us through this time
- A “GoFundMe” account has been established to benefit the hard-working employees of Will’s. Use this link to donate to the employees: gf.me/u/xrgihr
- We will start a pilot program to attempt take out and delivery of food, and take away for beer, liquor etc. (daily from 11am-7pm) beginning March 18.
To our neighbors and those who have their packages delivered regularly to Will’s, for the next week while we pilot the food service, we should be able to accept delivery between the hours 11a-7p. We will communicate via social media, website (willsnorthwoodsinn.com), and additional flyers over the weekend as to the longer term viability of the food services and in turn our ability to accept deliveries going forward.
Thank you so much in advance for the support and understanding you have always shown to us. We sure do appreciate all the messages of kindness! With much love and boundless appreciation, we say thank you for helping us through this difficult time. Please stay safe and follow the advice of health experts as our community navigates this previously unimaginable scenario.
The Will’s Northwoods Inn Family